Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Ending


Something strange happens when an ending in imminent. All of the sudden moments, even the mundane, seem richer. Everything you do is layered with the realization that this will one day, very soon, be a memory. 

I’ve always said that everything beautiful is a little bit sad, because you know it’s going to end. A sunset inevitably sets, a rainbow eventually fades. But that sweet sadness has made me cherish my time and my relationships here in Nepal. I knew it was going to end, and here I am, with just four days left. 

In these final days, time has been flying by with lightening speed. Yet in the midst of the speed, time has seemed able to pause in moments of beauty or happiness, as if it were suspended in mid-air. It is in these moments that I am overwhelmed with gratitude for this chance to be here. Yes, SALT has been incredibly difficult and challenging at times, but it has also added so much goodness to my life. It has changed me, in more ways than I know how to express at this time. Leaving will be painful, but arriving home will come with it’s own adventures and goodness. 

To those I’m leaving; thank you for the impact you’ve made in my life. I feel you all in my heart and you will forever be in my memory as something very special. I will miss you dearly and I truly hope we meet again. 
To those I’m returning to; I have missed you all soooo much. Your love and support from afar has helped me through the good and the bad here in Nepal. I am so grateful for our relationship and I am so excited to be reunited with you all very soon! 

2 comments:

  1. Love you, dear. Praying for you during the transition and journey back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiss some earth and hug some sky before you leave :)

    ReplyDelete